Depaul University Workshop Shop: June 19-22,2018 Chicago, Illinois 60614
The 2018 IBL Workshop at DePaul University in Chicago will be hosted on the Lincoln Park campus, and offers a great location and convenient travel options for participants in the region.
- Nearby Airports are Chicago O'Hare (Code: ORD) or Midway Airport (Code: MDW). Both airports offer a convenient distance for public transport or cab ride to the the Lincoln Park campus.
- Lodging during the workshop days will be within the Clifton Fullerton Residence Halls. The campus residence halls cannot host any underage (under 18) family members for attendees. If needed, nearby lodging can be suggested, but the workshop is not able to support those costs.
- Lodging is a short walk to workshop rooms, campus dining, and the surrounding neighborhood attractions.
- Information on travel scholarships can be found here.
- Attendance expectations: The IBL workshop meets from 8AM to 5PM, Tuesday to Friday. Participants who attend an IBL Workshop are expected to attend all sessions. The goals and sequencing of workshop sessions are intentionally designed for participants to be present and engaged for the entire 4 days.
Our DePaul University workshop is currently full. If you wish to be placed on a waitlist for the workshop, please email Katie Kahle, AIBL Admin Assistant.
A registration fee of $150 (+$3.99 processing fee) is required. To register, please complete the registration form linked below and pay via EventBrite. If you have further questions, please contact the Chicago Workshop Team Leader, Professor Kyle Petersen, DePaul University.
Question and Answer
Q: Do I need to coordinate any thing with the on-campus housing?
A: No. On-Campus housing will be coordinated via the PRODUCT team and you will get your room assignment when you check in for the workshop.
Q: What meals will be provided and what do I need to pay for?
A: Breakfast and lunch will be provided on workshop days. On Wednesday night of the workshop, a group dinner will be provided.
Q: Am I eligible to apply?
A: Math Faculty of all ranks employed at colleges and universities with undergraduate programs in North America are eligible to apply. Unfortunately, K-12 teachers are not eligible. Graduate students, postdocs, and assistant professors are especially encouraged to apply.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: Casual wear is appropriate for the workshop. Participants should bring course materials for their target course, a laptop, and any other items needed to prepare for their target course.
Q: Is the registration fee refundable?
A: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Q: Are there travel scholarships?
A: Travel Scholarship information can be found here.
Q: Is there parking at the workshop?
A: Parking is available at the Sheffield Parking Garage, located at 2331 N. Sheffield Avenue. You may also be able to find street parking but there are parking meter and parking zone restrictions.
Q: What is there to do in Chicago?
A: Please see the attached google doc with a list of things to do before, after or in the evenings of the worksop as the workshop runs all day Tuesday through Friday and participants are expected to take part full time.
Depaul 2017 Workshop Photos
De Paul University Campus offers a great location with the opportunity to enjoy the nearby sights of Chicago.